Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2004, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Hand from LOP tourney

He thought my fold on the flop was weak. He made no mention of my preflop check. If it was a NL tourney, I'd might have pushed all in.

He actually didn't get mad when I made a big suckout on him when forced to go in in the blinds.

He got sucked out on by a young kid at my table and he didn't get upset then either. He had AA, made a pot-sized raise. got called by the button. made another big bet on the 9-high flop, and the button went all-in with J9. Men called, turned over AA and a 9 popped out on the river. He didn't say a word. Perhaps after its happened the 5,000th time it no longer upsets you?

I goaded Men into showing me his hand once during the PL event. 4 (or 5?) limpers (blinds $15) and I jam a pot sized raise from the big blind. Men and another call. Flop is 678 rainbow. I bet 250, Men pushes all in. I looked at him and said "What hand would you call my pot-sized bet with that makes you a straight?!??" I folded my QQ, and he turned over his 45spades.

I've left LA and already come home, so no more of the events for me. After 7 tournies of putting my money in with the best of it, and losing every time to a 2-4 outer, I decided to call it quits and come home early.

Losing with the best hand EVERY tourney gets frustrating.

-Scott