Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2004, 06:40 PM

Default Getting very frustrated in the 20+2\'s

Over the last two weeks I have placed OOTM in 47 of my last 63 20$ STT's at party. I've been playing for about 2 months and through the 10's and 20's I built by bankroll from 100 up to 880. I like to think that I play very sound poker, I play by all of the guidelines outlined here and generally get my money in with the advantage a vast majority of the time.

However these last two weeks have destroyed me. It seems every tourney I enter I get a rediculous bad beat. I play relatively tight early but do play agressive with premium hands. My trouble is once the blinds start getting larger and I'm in all-in or fold mode I just seem to get beat horribly every time. Often times I have a better ace or a higher PP so I should win 70-80% of the time, but lately its been the opposite, winning 20-30% of the times. My coinflip situations are a lost cause as well, I'm beat on them what seems to be much more often than 50% of the time.

I've now lost more than half of my bankroll and I'm really wondering what is going on. It really feels as if the deck is stacked against me sometimes. No matter how well I play the fools at the table just outdraw me everytime. Have many of you guys experienced streaks like this where you lose the majority of your bank roll? It's gotten to the point where I call an all-in bet with AA sort of expecting to lose.