Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Home Poker Games - A small Rant

[ QUOTE ]
I can't agree more. I help run a home game. Four of us have bought chips, built tables yada, yada, yada. We have nearly 40 players on the invite list. We play weekly and usually fill one or two tables every week.

We're lucky to have great group of people and the core group is really supportive and great.

My biggest pet peave is those who wait until the last minute to respond to invites. It seems that a lot of people can't commit to something early on and it drives me nuts.

They just don't understand or appreciate how much preparation needs to go into a game, especially when you may need to set up the room for as many as 3 tables.

Appreciate your home game hosts. They're not getting anything out of it except for a fun game. Don't make it hard for them to have fun or may find yourself uninvited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to all of that. Most of my regulars are the same way, but I have similar problems getting RSVPs (have to do repeated mailings, always have a few no-replies and often some no-shows).

I've found that this is not endemic to the poker games, but instead seems to be a general lack of regard for RSVP'ing to invitations of any type. I run into this all of the time at work, for other functions, and so on.
Maybe I'm old school, but this falls under basic manners in my mind.

Well, if it were easy, anyone could do it I guess? Props to the long-suffering hosts of the world...