Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2004, 04:43 PM

Default Crucial Hand: Heads up in the Paradise $35,000

Hey. It's heads up during the Paradise 9:00pm $35,000 guaranteed tournament.

A bit of background: My image is super-maniac. I had 60% of the outstanding chips with 8 people left, and people had been folding way too much. Enough so that I felt it was profitable to make steal-raises with hands like 42o. So, I had shown a number of complete crap hands (that is, when I was called--the blinds were large enough that a 3x or 4x pfr was leading to people calling all-in, or they would have maybe 5x-7x and re-raise me and I'd be committed), and I was raising pre-flop something like 80% of the time.

My opponent was solid. He had managed to survive the lunacy caused by my final table strategy, and amassed a nice number of chips against the other players. I think I doubled him up once from 200k to 400k at one point. Once he got some chips, he was pretty aggressive himself if I had folded, and took a fair number of shots against the blinds himself. He was probably smart enough to know that I wasn't a real super-maniac, and that my strategy was actually reasonable.

We play maybe 15 or 20 hands heads up.

The following hand comes up (sorry, bison's converter isn't working for me..anyone know why?):

Me: 1.37 M chips
Him: 1.16 M chips

Blinds: 35,000/70,000 (4,000 Ante)

I'm in the SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I raise to 205,000. He calls. Pot is 418,000.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He checks. Your move?
...or...
He bets the pot. Your move?

Results to follow. Thanks.