Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: XP SP2 Be careful !!

[ QUOTE ]
If I leave my doors and windows open in my house, and I get burgled, it is not my fault.

It may be lax of me, and even silly, but it still isn't my fault.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this. It's negligent. If you do not secure your house, you must assume some responsibility for your negligence, IMHO. If you don't fasten your seatbelt, it's your fault if you go through the windshield. True, it's also the fault of the person who hit you, but some of the fault would be yours too.

[ QUOTE ]

It is the fault of the person who broke into my house.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but even if it's not your fault, it's the door and window maker's fault even less.

[ QUOTE ]

I believe that companies like Microsoft should stop these things at source rather than leaving my doors and windows open for me to run around closing and either shut the doors and windows for me,

[/ QUOTE ]
As has been stated in previous posts, this is absolutely impossible. No software company in the world is capable of releasing bug-free software. Instead, the gave you a automatic-update feature, which would do everything for you.

[ QUOTE ]

or catch the criminals.

Blaming me for not tidying up their mess whilst simultaneously not catching the burglars does nothing for my confidence.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not their job to catch criminals. Again with the window an door anology, do you expect Window Wizards to catch the guy who broke into your house? It is the job of a law enforcement agency. Many hackers do get caught, many do not. Regardless, the enforcement of anti-hacking laws is not MS's responsibility.