Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2004, 01:50 AM

Default Questionable Ethics?

Just returned from my first trip to Vegas,

I'm typically an SNG player, however have played my fair share of NL, all of it online. Anyways, I just returned from Vegas where I was playing in the 2-5 no limit game at the Mirage. The money was very deep, except for me. I'm small stack with around $100, next stack is ~$300, and all of the other stacks are well over $1000. So needless to say I'm being bullyed alot. If I see the flop I'm pot commited as the typical raise was around 6XBB. I manage to stick around for about 50 hands, stealing the blinds every so often. Then the questionable play occurs.

I'm small blind with around $85, before the cards are dealt, the BB places $20 out and states that he's raising it blind. Everyone folds to me with Q9o, and so I of course push being a favourite over a random hand, plus having a fair amount of folding equity with a pot of $22 (or so I think). The moment after I say all-in, the BB says, "well I better take a look here", and pulls back his $15. The table starts to argue that he has to leave it in, and eventually the dealer says that he doesn't. The outcome in irrelevant.

I thought that his play was ethically wrong. Had he only had the BB out I probably wouldn't have pushed as there would only be $7 in the pot.

Any thoughts?

Zephyr