Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2004, 01:44 PM

Default I tried to steal...

Hey guys. Thanks to eMarkM's famous post, I've been doing better in these MTT's of late (not good enough, but better anyway). Unfortunately I've gotten in a few steal spots that I think I took too far. I have an especially tough time when people play back at me because they know that I'm likely stealing. Then I feel I have to play back at them to make it look like I'm not stealing. etc, etc, etc. Anyway here's one such hand.

I'm on the button with ~3200. It gets folded to me. The big blind is 100 at the time. The SB has ~700 and the BB has ~3000. I look down at T4o and I remember all of the posts that say that this is a good steal opportunity with almost any 2 cards. So I make my standard raise (300) and BB calls. Flop is QTx (2 hearts). BB bets 200, which I felt was a weak drawy type bet. I felt I was ahead and raised it to 750. He then goes all in. I fold and he claims to have been on a heart draw.

Did I play this okay? This happens to me quite a bit where I try to steal and catch enough of the flop to believe that I could be ahead.

Thanks in advance.