Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2004, 01:24 PM

Default Re: My thoughts on the ladies event

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read any of the other responses to your post.

Here is a woman who clearly didn't want to get sucked into all of this, but has decided to finally respond here now.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Of course I realize how I sounded in that interview. And I regret every word of what I said. Not that it is an excuse, but I was extremely tired and extremely aggravated at having literally just been knocked out that second. I had no editing from my brain to my mouth--which is, for sure, one of my many faults. If I could take back that interview, I would. But I can't. So I own the mistake completely and, hopefully, I will learn from it an become a much better person for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine that. Someone was cranky, weary, and pissed off, and vented a little bit. Big deal. I can't imagine what made you issue such a gracious retraction/apology here. Anyone can understand this reaction in this circumstance. If they say they don't, they're lying or haven't got a clue what the circumstance is all about.

You say DN apologized? That is good to hear, and is certainly a fact out of which you could have made a big production, yet opted to leave be. I suppose you didn't feel that the RGP and 2+2 communities were tops on your list of priorities vis a vis dirty laundry-airing. Good for you.

You make mention of some things being "very painful" and "very hard to deal with." Of course they are. It's like the damned grade school lunch room in here a lot of the time; it's easy to fall prey to the mob mentality.

Nobody wants to be the one getting pelted by spitballs and having their pigtails pulled.

One of the posters doesn't like what you wear or the way you sit.

I hope they don't tell the teacher. You might end up in detention.

Keep the faith.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why Rushmore is one of my favorite posters. The guy is always right on.

A coupla comments.. I don't view Poker Pro's as gods. I think the way they earn their living is really cool, but I don't think they should live under the same microscope as a US Senator or something. I'm tired of reading stuff about Poker Pro's as people...

I really don't care if Jennifer Harman is sick anymore than some other person walking down the street. (It sucks she's sick, but it just isn't ground breaking news to me.)

Fishman and Duke probably didn't act as graciously as they should have in certain moments, but those are both moments I have never been in, so I won't criticize them personally, maybe just say, they shouldn't have acted in that way.