Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2004, 10:45 AM

Default how to beat the bad players

lately I have been running pretty cold. I have $10 left in my account and will probably do a .10/.25 table later tonight. i had $40 and was playing 2 .10/.25 tables at a time and lost most of my bankroll on the river. this post is not about bad beats, but about the best way to build my bankroll against people who sometimes show no reasoning behind their play. When I am running fairly well I beat these tables but the last week or so has been hard and I have been losing. I know that some would recommend waiting for the nuts to play these people but Im sure there is a faster and more profitable way of gaining a bankroll so that I can move up and play with people who use their brains...people I can put on specific hands based on their actions. A good player who is running moderately cold should be able to outplay these people where I am failing. My cards are not so bad as to say that I couldn't do SOMETHING good with them, so my losses fall squarly upon my mistakes. At these tables I can't bluff but I also don't know what hands I can win with. So many times I'll get outkicked with TP2K but I see middle pair winning all the time. I am at a loss for how I should approach these tables and my BR is only at 40BB so I need to start winning rather quickly. If any of you have tackled a similar situation, how did you approach it and what type of play did you use to win without getting good cards?