Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2004, 11:49 PM

Default Beginner\'s series: Playing the big stack effectively

Hey all,

Since I view this forum as more of the beginner forum, I thought Id post some discussion type questions vice specific hands since we get a lot of those. So here is my first one. Note I am posting them as a person who genuinely still absorbing NL and not making any claim to expert play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So my first question tonight how should you change up your game when you are the big stack at the table. I know the theory pretty well in a tournament. I think that obviously this is not going to be the same for a ring game. My initial thoughts are that hands like TPTK can be played a bit more strongly. This is about as far as I have gotten heh.

I believe this is a very important topic to consider for those of us who play the small blind / limited buyin tables. Through semi-intelligent play we oftern find ourselves sitting with the big stack. I just feel that I am not maximizing the edge that having the big stack should provide.

Chris