Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Comments Please

NL hand I played this weekend. 2/3 blinds.

I have about $140. UTG has about $130 and button has about $200. I'm interested in the play of my hand and my friend's hand ("The Diamond" from my other post). My friend has everybody well covered with $700.

2 limpers to the button who's an ubber-maniac trickster who makes it 10 to go. My friend is in the SB with QQ and makes it 20. (His raises have been getting too much respect because of his super tight image so hence, the small re-raise.) I call in the BB with 88. UTG, a pretty bad player calls. (This means he has 2 cards.) The other limper calls and the button calls.

Flop: 2 4 7 r

SB checks his QQ. I bet $45 and am called by both UTG and the button. SB agonizes and says "There's no way my hand can be good." and folds. In the back of my mind I suddenly start thinking the same thing.

Turn: 3 completing the rainbow.

What's my action here? Anyhoo, I check as UTG is commenting how he has a good piece of this and button looking confident in this hand as well. UTG then thinks for a bit and bets $45 and is immediately called by the button. I think and think and think and fold.

What mistakes do you see by me and my friend in this hand?