Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2004, 03:18 AM

Default muzungu vs kerpowski, round 1

OK, this is kinda low stakes, and i'm not sure really how much there is to discuss here, but it seemed interesting at the time.

So: kerp and I are sitting at a 100NL 6-max table. We're both doing well- I have $230 and he has me covered. 5 handed at the moment.

UTG folds, kerp limps, button limps, SB completes, and i check with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

SB checks, I bet 8, kerp calls, all others fold.

Turn: offsuit 9.

range of hands i put him on at this point: club draw, KQ-KT? set, maybe? Actually, i'd expect him to raise almost all of these, so i'm not quite sure what's up. Re: the kings, I don't think he's limping smaller Ks preflop, and I'm not sure if he's raising KQ or not.

I think, and bet $20 (into the $24 pot) to charge a draw. I'm folding to a raise, and i'm not quite sure what to do on the river if he calls and a blank hits. Anyone play less ambitiously here?

kerp uses most of his time and calls. Well, now I'm less inclined to believe he has the clubs- bad pot odds on the call.

River: the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Well, now I'm ahead of KQ/KJ and behind a flush. I check, he bets $30 into $64, and I'm confused. I think a bit and call.

Results in white.

<font color="white"> kerp shows 87 of clubs for the flush and the OESD on the turn, which gave him the outs to call. Oops, didn't think of that. I'd tend to semibluff the flop with the flush+ gutshot, but i guess its not mandatory./color]

Thoughts for either side?

-muz