Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2004, 12:49 PM

Default Atlantic City, this weekend

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I are going to Atlantic City this weekdend. We plan to arrive Friday night and leave Sunday afternoon or evening.

Our ideal situation would be to stay at the Borgata, and pay the $39 / night poker rate. Something tells me this might be impossible. (I checked the Borgata web site, and it looks like the rooms are sold out--and weekend rate seems to be around $400).

1. Is it possible to get a room at the Borgata for a weekend at the poker rate? If so, how do I arrange that?

a. If I am staying at the Borgata, is it worth checking out the Taj poker room at all?
b. If I'm not staying at the Borgata, is it worth checking out the Taj poker room at all?

3. (a) If the answers to 1 and 2(b) are "no," what's the best option for a reasonably-priced, decent hotel room that's convenient to the Borgata?
(b) If the answer to 1 is "no" and the answer to 2(b) is "yes," what's the best option for a reasonably-priced, decent hotel room that's convenient to the Borgata and Taj?
(c) Is Priceline a good option for AC? What are some bids that have been accepted on weekends?

4. Any other helpful hints to info for AC first-timers who plan to spend a ton of time playing poker but also may be interested in some other distractions?