Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2004, 04:27 PM

Default How to deal with Flush Freaks on Party Poker

Hi All;
I have been playing on Party Poker for several months now and I frequently run into players at NL $25 and NL $50 tables who will call with their entire stack to when ever two suited cards hit the flop when they hold Axs or Kxs. I frequently limp to see small to medium sized pocket pairs to attempt to hit trips. The problem is that more often than not when I do hit trips, I usually bet the pot or slightly overbet the pot on the flop only to be called by one or more players who are overly aggressive in chasing flushes. Now I know with my trips I am in front of the hand and more often than not statistically I should be the favorite to win the hand. Back to my play, if the turn comes down a blank (third suited card has not come), I go ahead and bet the pot again. Anyway more often than not it seems the third suited card does hit on the turn and the river and I lose...again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I have even tried blowing flush chasers out of the pot by betting all in when I flop trips, the problem is I still get called by flush freaks on occasion and lose more often than I think I should. Now maybe it's just bad luck and maybe it 's just poor play on my part, can anyone help me find a way to give them the Party Flush Freaks the shaft? The only other thing that I have considered is raising 4-8x the bb when I have a middle sized pair to force them to fold Axs or Kxs. Please help!

The Shoesnatcher (AKA the shoe giver to flush freaks)
"Give me your shoes!"