Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Paying less rake sites

I'm unsure if these small start-up sites that are willing to take less for their cut will ever have ANY effect on the current market mostly standard rake structure.

The problem is they come with fleas, I mean big fukin mutant ones. They don't have enough capitalization for the start-up when it is most needed at it's opening. Almost all plan on cashflow to increase what is spent on marketing. This means that there is zero chance of them reaching a critical mass of players during the first 3 months. Another small site that will always stay small, or fold, whether a fixed rake cost strategy has merit or not. What has merit is money to create a PR buzz, killer promos, competent support staff, and decent software. Marketing mostly to internet poker pros by spamming forums results in a few poor games. IMO

The two sites being mentioned the most have problems with the tactics used by those involved with them. I have a firm rule these days:

Stick with the big sites, or those small sites, that can be trusted. AND stay far away from those small sites run by slime. I consider anyone that launches a full-court spam attack on a poker community forum as someone I do not wish to do business with. Along with anyone that owes me $55,838.

I'm willing to debate this with any respected poster here AND ONE of the recent spammers, clones or one of their little evil minions. If you do not wish to honor this condition of this thread I would hope the regulars would just let this thread die.

MS Sunshine