Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2004, 09:44 AM

Default Hit-n-Run strategy

Hi,

Long-time lurker - first time poster.

I was hoping to get some opinions on my current plan on STT. Firstly I should explain my situation. I'm currently and for the next 4-6 months going to be pretty much skint. I can afford to stick £20 (thats approx. 45 US beer tokens) a month towards poker but am usually struggling to make ends meet during the last 10 days/week of the month and I can't really justify keeping anything over $150 during this time. This gives me something like a 2 week window to make a bit extra to make up the shortfall. I've been playing for about 1.5 years now and made about $2000 playing a variety of different types type of hold'em but have decided to concentrate on STT as these seem to offer the least variance. I have recently started recording my $5 STT result and they are roughly ITM 50% with 1st/2nd/3rd of 40%/20%/40%. I need to improve my ITM a bit but am generally happy with my finishing game.

My plan is instead of grinding away at the $5 constantly, is this. Whenever I get a 1st, I move up to $10, if I win that then try a $15, etc,etc. If I don't place or get third then I drop right back to $5 and if I get a second I take another shot at the level I'm at.

Given my %ages - is this a reasonably system to inflate a short BR quickly with an acceptably minimal risk of busting out?

All opinions welcome.

Cheers