Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2004, 02:30 PM

Default A question on Skylansky\'s hand rankings, and two handed odds

His hand rankings were a nice start when I started to play hold em seriously in limit ring games. But I've long since been seduced by no limit tourneys, and the rankings don't simply apply (for various reasons, of course).

But, I think that I still have those rankings in my head, and thus probably play suited connectors a little more often then I should, as well as good drawing hands, like KJs and QTs. And, I probably don't play Ax correctly, at least short-handed and in late position.

So, I want to retrain myself a little on what are 'better' no limit hands. My questions:

1. Is there a no-limit version of Skylansky's hand rankings?
2. Someone once posted a website which showed every possible hands probability of winning a heads-up pot with one other random hand. Does anyone have that link?
3. If there isn't a no-limit version of the hand rankings, how should I fix my own head? My guess is that I'm not giving the A enough respect, and pairs as well. And that I'm giving JTs too much respect. What do you think?

Any help is greatly appreciated.