Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2004, 12:20 AM

Default A weird limit/NL game full of 2+2ers... FISH HEAVEN!

Anyhoo......

So last night at Commerce a buncha 2+2ers got together for an impromptu game. The lineup:

Clarkmeister
Dynasty
Gabe
mike l. (for a little while)
Ed Miller, who someone told me was a Noted Poker Authority
Ulysses, who everyone had taken to calling 'El Diablo'
Josh W
J.A. Sucker
Glenn

Oh, and me, dubbed Rock 1 by Clarkmeister. Ed was Rock 2. I think Dynasty was Rock 3.

After being at the table for more than 30 minutes, I couldn't spot the sucker... I'm not sure what that means though.

Anyway, at first we were doing just a $100 max buy-in NL game with 2/3 blinds. But the action in that game was.... well, there was none. So we decided to mix it up and make it limit preflop and no limit postflop. This loosened up the table quite nicely!

My question is, how does strategy differ from a normal NL game? Should you start playing more s00ted connectors from any position? I played 4d5d UTG, and I kinda took a biggish pot away from Clarkmeister. Sorry buddy. He was gunning for me the rest of the night. He started to play his starting hands based on SF, or 'Sooga Factor', a quantity he devised based on how likely he thought I was to call preflop. Luckily I got away from that game in one piece.