Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Playing AA in big multi-player pots

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, there was a method to my madness here. I was kind of hoping at least one person would run with it and offer up an actual statistical answer for why you should ever call when you're only a 44% favorite to win, as you are when you've got AA against four opponents who will see the hand through to the river. This doesn't happen often, but when it does anyone will say you'd be a fool to fold. Oh really? If it's okay to call in this spot, then why would you ever fold when you've got one of the "coin flip" hands; a pair against two overcards or vice versa. Well, part of it is because you don't really know for sure that that's the cards you're playing against. But if you can somehow put your opponent on AK/AQ/AJ/KQ/etc and you've got 55 and he just pushed all-in, why would you ever fold? You have better than the 44% chance of winning in the AA situation. Is it simply a matter of the amount of chips involved?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you're actually serious. But just think what price you are getting for a 44% chance of winning, its not even close to the same thing as a coinflip hand.