Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Ethics of playing with your girlfriend

On occasion, I play at the same table with my girlfriend. She is a relative newbie compared to me, but she plays a tight enough game that she does okay. When we have played at a table together, we never show each other our cards. But to be honest, I don't care if I lose money to her as long as we both do well, and it can affect my betting decisions.

Given that, which of these principles should govern my play at the table? Which describes how you feel, and how you would act in a similar situation.

1) Playing in a way that is collusive (for example, reraising her raises without very strong cards) is against the house rules and you deserve to be kicked out.

2) Playing in a way that is collusive is unethical and will rightfully piss off the table, but noone can tell you how you can play your cards.

3) You probably should not collude by reraising without justification, but staying out of your partners way is completely appropriate.

4) If you can't play as individuals, you have no business playing at the same table.