Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Daliman, ZeeJustin, Jason Strasser and...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, for me, i played about 5 100+9's, found them beatable, got up to about $800 in my account, played a few $200+15's, found the same, and immediately started playing 4 at a time as much as was humanly possible, never once getting broke.

Your results my vary...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't try this at home, folks... this is generally considered a rather extreme overplaying of bankroll by most.

I don't care how beatable they are, you're going to lose 4 buy-ins in a row on a regular basis. Daliman got lucky to not go broke while getting off the ground here.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, however i was closer to 1600 when i started 4 tabling. the inference is still the same however. I have dropped as much as 4200 before stabilizing at times, which seems lower than most that 4 table.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, were you already an experienced SNG or MTT player before you started playing the bigger buy-in SNGs? how many of those $100s and $200s do you play everyday?

[/ QUOTE ]

I average about 300-400 a month, but was primarily a ring limit player with decent NL MTT experience. I used to hate SNG's. ANd yes, I'm more than a bit of a plunger, so i definitely don't recommend my way. Standard i think is having at least25 buyins if you are a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

300-400 a month? DAMN!! so do you think the best route that i can do toward becoming a solid and profitable SNG player
is to grind it out at the low limits? maybe judge my longterm success by evaluating it when i reach 500-1000 $5 SNGs? i'm open to just about anything within reason to become the best SNG player i can. i've been toying with the idea of purchasing Wilson's Tournament Texas Holdem and Acespades Tournament software, but i have'nt been able to get a definitive answer on which is better from the players who have them. i'm looking to purchase Tom McEvoy and Brad Daughtery's CHAMPIONSHIP SATELLITE STRATEGY because i think it would benefit me well with SNG play. any other suggestions you think could be valuable is appreciated.