Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2004, 03:21 PM

Default play my aces, please

The setting: UB $5 rebuy tournament for an entry into the $500+30 Sunday tournament. Approximately one hundred players remain in the tournament. At the point where this hand takes place, the top two spots get an entry and the third place finisher gets $20 or some chump-change amount like that. I've been playing with a table full of guys who (1) know something about poker but (2) are willing to gamboooool because of the rebuys during the first hour. In particular, people have been pushing all-in pre-flop and on the flop with marginal hands. It's the last hand before the break/end of the rebuy period. The blinds are $30-$60, IIRC. I have $5500, which is a pretty decent stack for the table, but below average for the whole tournament. I look down to see A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] staring at me. BINGO!

Pre-flop: MP (the table chip leader) open limps, folded to me in the CO and I min raise (hoping to induce an all-in from someone), button calls, SB calls, BB folds, and MP calls. D'oh!

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Checked to MP who bets the minimum. I raise it to $600. Button folds, SB cold-calls, MP folds.

Turn: [J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] SB pushes his remaining $2500 into the pot. Your action? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]