Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2004, 02:47 PM

Default How do you review your play?

I think I've got a pretty good handle on the game, and playing ABC with some improvements. However, I know that my games still needs a lot of work, especially if I ever hope to move up in limits.

To do this, I know one of the things I need to do better is review my play for learning and leaks. The problem is, I don't really know how to do that. Because I'm not really sure if what I do is good or enough, I tend to not do it as much as I should.

So, what do you do? Re-watch all your hands in PT's replayer? Just look at certain hands (if so, how do you decide what to look at)? Do you make notes on other players based simply on their stats, or do you start there and add notes based on hand observation? Do you try and add notes during play or in reviewing hands offline? How many hands do you need to play against someone before you can make reliable observations on their play?

I know another big component is posting hands, and aside from some obvious cases how do you decide what might be a good hand to post?

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, how do you keep yourself on task and making sure you spend enough time reviewing play? I can't be alone in wanting to play, and time spent reviewing play is time spent not playing. It's like eating vegetables. You know it's good for you, but you'd rather have ice cream.