Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2004, 12:14 PM

Default \"Loose in Las Vegas\" - two weeks in May

First, lets define our terms. I mean "loose" in an unconfined no set schedule sense, not in a sexually immoral definition. And, you certainly don't expect me to play holdem loose, do you?

W.P.D.G. - My second annual attendance at a Wednesday Poker Discussion Group. Again very worthwhile. Discussion of hands, situations, happenings around town, upcoming events, etc. Attendees included PokerBabe, Barry Tanenbaum, Linda Johnson, Jan Fisher, Howard B, MBE, several local regulars and some other out of towners.

THE ELUSIVE DR. SCHOONMAKER - Last year I accidently insulted him. Told him that I liked his book-----but---I didn't buy it. Just read it from the library. Whoops, wrong thing to say to an author. THIS year, he walks into the WPDG and I rush upstairs to buy the book for him to autograph. When I get back he is eating his lunch so I don't disturb him and then, WHOOSH!, he gives me the slip and quickly leaves the building. Hey Doc - I bought the book, though.

THE DECEPTIVE POKERBABE - You gotta watch out for this lady, she's very tricky. Last year I'm about to get into a good 20-40 when she moves to another table. Well--she must know whats up, so I follow the local knowledge. She has led me to a rocky tightazz game full of Mirage day shift players. grrrr
This year, I'm in a very good 10-20 when she gets into the 20-40 main game. No reason to even look at that table. I stay at the good 10-20 and book a nice win. "Trick me once, shame on you; trick me twice, shame on me."

DYNASTY AND CLARKMEISTER - Two years in a row now and I have not met EITHER of these two guys. My new theory is that they are not real people. They are sorta like the Yeti and Bigfoot. Many supposed sightings but no provable contact. Maybe they are a hoax by some 2+2 insiders to fool the general public - like the crop circles.

SNAKEHEAD IN PERSON - Met the real Mr Snakehead while he was seated during WSOP main event. He looked quite spiffy wearing his online site gear, but he really does not look like his 2+2 icon.

Part 2 posted in a few minutes