Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2004, 11:51 AM

Default Bellagio 15-30 - betting the draw

WSOP weekend at the "B". Games are hot and the room is crowded.

I enter a game posting behind the button and fold the first 7 hands around to my big blind. Nothing unusual is happening. No immediately apparent goofs or maniacs at this table. About 1/2 of the hands are raised pre-flop. The guy to my right loses a pot and now has a small number of chips in front of him for his small blind hand.

I pick up Js Ts in the big blind. One middle limper and the small blind completes. I check.

Flop of Qs 5s and a red 4. Small blind checks, I bet out, the limper twitches and calls, and the small blind calls.

Turn of 9c. Small blind checks. I bet out.

Two friends who's opinion I respect tell me this is a terrible bet. I sure disagree. The 9 gives me another 6 outs and I have encountered no resistance or strength in the other (only 2) in this hand. I think there is a good chance to win the hand with the turn bet - but I thought that of the flop bet too.

What do they have? I don't know, but its probably not much. Limper could have A J or 7 7? Small blind on A 5?

As for pot odds, I'm betting 30 into a pot of 90 with outs of 15/46 assuming any spade wins. My friends think I should check and give myself the free card or just call if the limper now bets the turn.

What do you think? Am I missing some other factors to consider there? Bet the draw or check?