Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2004, 03:20 PM

Default Party Vs. UB

I've been playing primarily $1 - $2 at UB because I like the graphics best and I had gotten an attractive bonus when I signed up.

I don't have all that much playing experience, but my impression of the UB $1 -$2 games is that they are really tough. I rarely see players playing garbage hands or making a lot of bad calls after the flop. They all use deception quite well but only when sensible etc...

At best, there might be one two or poor players at a table for a short period of time. Once they are gone, I feel like I'm playing at a table where everyone's skill level is similar to my own (some better some worse).

I recently signed up at Party because it's easier to use Poker Tracker (just getting started with that) and because there are MANY more low limit games active at any given time for me to choose from.

I don't like the graphics at all, but I may have to put up with it.

The quality of competition I have seem so far is light years below what I had grown accustomed to at UB.

Is my experience the same as everyone else's?