Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2004, 04:18 PM

Default Live 3/6 hand

Here's an interesting hand I played yesterday in a live 3/6 game. The villians in this hand are the SB and the BB. The SB plays a lot of hands but will fold if he's believes he's beat. The BB has taken a couple of bad beats by some loose players recently but does not appear to be tilting.

The hand.

UTG folds. UTG+1 calls. Folded to CO+1 who calls. I'm on the button and find Qh Qd. I raise. The SB 3-bets and the BB caps. Folded back to me, I call. 3 to the flop for 7 BB's.

Flop is 7c Qs 7s.

SB checks. BB bets. I raise. SB and BB call. 3 to the turn for 13 BB's.

Turn: Ks [ 7c Qs 7s ].

SB checks. BB checks. I bet. SB raises. BB and I call. 3 to the river for 19 BB's.

River 3s [ 7c Qs 7s Ks]

SB bets. BB and I call.

SB had Kc Kh
BB had Ah Ad

I thought it was interesting that between the SB, BB and button (me) we had the 3 best starting hands possible, in consecutive order, and that the best hand ended up 3rd at the end. I knew when the Ks came on the turn that I was beat. I had the BB on AA when he capped pre-flop. I felt the SB had AK until the turn then it was obvious to me that he had KK. I just couldn't get myself to fold. Anybody fold on the turn to the SB's raise or do you grit your teeth, knowing that you are most likely beat, and call becasue the size of the pot is big enough to warrant a call?