Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2004, 09:53 PM

Default What your not missing

I just returned home from Binions to check out the action.

Truth be told, you arent missing much, as a matter of fact those of you at home are actually more informed then anyone there live. The only thing your missing is when someone gets busted at the featured table(which Gus Hanson just did)

There is no information available to you there. The screens tell you the blinds/ante/level and time remaining fot hat level. Nothing more.

I had the luck to be asked to sit up in the bleechers(It was packed at the time) You could hardly get a glimps of the action... You could see the board cards and nothing more. It was hard to even see who was in the hand. At the end I thought they would show us the outcome, but they didnt. They just push the chips to the winner and you dont even get to see the showdown cards.

I was hoping there would be an automated list of who was at which table and a rough chip count. There was nothing of the sort. I could look around and spot Gus here, Jesus over there.. etc. but there is hardly anyway to see whats really going on.

I was hoping to get to see where Greg was playing.(I dont know him, but I have great respect for him because of his reputation. If I could have seen where he was I would have shaken his hand and let him know of all the support he has here.

I am not complaining, only disapointed that I wasnt able to bring you any blow by blow moves that went on.I thought about shouting ... "GO 2+2"... but I didnt think that would be a good representation of the community. Besides, I waited in line for 45 minutes to get in... they had guns, and I didnt want to be frisked.

When they get down to the final table I will go check it out again. Hopefully I will be able to know who is who, and with any luck and good 2+2 play we can have at least 2 represent at the final table.

/shrug I am just a rookie. The only thing My visit realy did for me as make me want to play some serious cards.

In summary.. You get a better idea on whats going on through online updates rather then anything you can see live.