Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Shut the Fudge UP!!!

Ok, so I'm on a 6 player max game, and I have a $150 stack against another stack that is pretty close, and this guy is a loose cannon, he'll be in there with any 1 pair.

So I have 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on BB, check.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I come out betting the pot for $7, loose cannon raises to $14, and I make it $50 to go.

Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], grrr, well, I'm very pot commited, and there is no way I laying down this hand, so I come out betting $50, and he calls. River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I'm all in, and he calls, and he shows me 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

At times like these, I experiance a great strain on my emotional endurance. I was 97% on the flop against this idiot calling my $50 re raise, and alls he had was 5 2o, and enough money to play like an idiot. ARRGGGHHHH

So, I type into the message box, "nh" and mutter to myself, lucky idiot.

Now, the point of this post is that a lot of players go off on the idiot, typing in the chat box things like, "You are such a *!@! idoit, you're going to lose all you money, just keep playing like that you dumb a#$....

And they don't stop for like 5 min. DUDES, wake up, you want dumb dumb calling with his 3% hand. DUH. So why all the negative reinforcement? Besides being a bad sport, when you start going off like that you are hurting the game, and creating an uncomfortable situation, when if you just keep your mouth shut, this guy might loosen up even more, and be all in when he's totaly dead which is very likely. I mean jeeezzzzz, keep the emotions off the table, if a player wants to play a long shot that loses like 90 cents on the dollar, then just be happy you got the action, and take it like a bookie, if fact for that hand I got more "juice" then a bookie ever makes. Infact better than taking actino on a horse race, better than a state lotto even which take a 50% cut!!! So, how could I possibly complain?

So to all you rude, whining dudes out there, please just do everyone a favor, and keep your comments to your self.

AeonBlues