Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Play of AK for big pot

Ok, this was a live game, so I have to do my best to remember the exact action. Playing 1-2 no limit, I'm in early middle position. I get AK (suits unimportant), and make it 10 to go. Button calls and BB call, all else fold.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , checked to me, I bet 15, both button and BB smooth call.

Turn comes T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , checked to me again, I bet 30, and both call quickly. This has me worried about the straight, or possibly AJ.

River comes T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , checked to me again, and I check. Button goes all in for 65, and BB quickly calls all in for 60. I have about 100 left. I think for a while, and muck my cards.

Any comments on how I played it from the flop on? From my read of the players, I think I fold on the end here if I had to do it again, but I'm more worried about how I put myself in this situation. Results in white below:

<font color="white"> Button was on a bluff after he missed his club draw, and BB turns over AQ to take down the huge pot. </font>

Thanks,
Nuke