Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2004, 10:25 AM

Default 20-40 with Bruce Lee and Jet Li

Well, not exactly, but these two had more Hollywood in them than the real stars.

On my right is Mister Lee, a Great Blue Heron 20-40 regular, about 60 years old, a losing player. He always has an antagonizing comment for everyone else and likes to Hollywood just a little bit. For example, after losing a pot, he'll raise the next hand and announce "steam raise" and bet to the river and flip an AQ->top pair type hand - good but by no means a monster.

To his right, is a young kid telling the table that he's the "Young Heavyweight Champ" of poker. He's been announcing his hand to the table before his PF raise, then when he wins he flips over the exact hand he claimed. He's also been reading players very well - he's been controlling the table, on a big rush, announcing the other players hands and more than once being dead on. He'll raise one limper from the cutoff, announce "pocket deuce", and bet to the river against one caller he "knew was on a flush draw". And he'll be right. And after the chaser folds, he'll show his deuces. Very LAG preflop, plays very well postflop.

Mr. Lee is loose but still aggressive postflop, YHC plays very well postflop.

Anyway, the Mister Lee is sick of his big talk, and Mr. Lee announces "I chase every hand against you!"

YHC open raises from CO-2, Mister Lee predictably calls, I three-bet from the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

They're yappin away.

3 to the flop: (10.5 SB) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

YHC bets, Mr. Lee raises, I three-bet, YHC calls, Mr. Lee calls.

3 to the turn: (9.75 BB) (2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

YHC bets, Mr. Lee raises.

Your action?