Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2004, 12:39 AM

Default Do I just need to accept I am not very good?

I am looking for some insight from others who have hopefully been in a similiar situation. I have read most of the recommended books on playing HE(TOP,HEFAP,THEFAP,SS and several others that have not been mentioned on this forum but pertain to Hold Em). I grasp, at least I feel like I do, most of the concepts and strategies for playing solid HE. In multi table tournaments and SNG's I would honestly say I am probably up slightly or even overall. However my problem lies in the ring games; I have been donating thousands of dollars at the ring game tables. I lose, go back to the books to reread, go to poker tracker to analyze my hands, come to this forum to read posts, deposit more money, then lose,lose,lose. I move down from $0.50-1 tables to $0.10-0.50 tables, to $0.02-0.04- lose,lose,lose. The continous analysis has helped me to advance farther into the money in the multi tournies(even made a few final tables), also helped increase my percentage of time finishing in the money at the SNG's. But at the ring games- lose,lose,lose. I do realize that ring games and tournaments have different strategies, however I cannot figure out what I am doing that is so dramatically flawed in ring games that I can't even hold my own against the lowest level players; yet I can work my through good players in tournaments. I dont play rags, I don't chase(unless pot odds warrant), I don't feel I overplay. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
This post is not intended as a pity party, I am hoping to get some insight or advice that will hopefully help me turn the corner. I mostly play No Limit, however I have played limit tables with the same results.