Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Suited Face Cards in EP

I'm having trouble with a few hands in early position, and I don't have enough hands in Poker Tracker yet to tell me if I'm playing these profitably.

Most books seem to break down pocket cards into 4 main categories: The biggies, Axs, pocket pairs, and suited connectors (usually examples used are 67s, etc.). I haven't been able to find much advice on the hands below. (Yes, I know they are technically suited connectors)

Typical Party $1/$2 games

EP
1 limper:
call with QJs, KTs, KJs, ATs (will call with JTs and QTs if table has been seeing a lot of flops)

raise with KQs

EP
1st in:
call with QJs, KTs, KJs, ATs
raise with KQs
muck with JTs, QTs (This is a lie. I want to muck these, but probably play them a decent amount of the time)

Am I leaking chips here? My Vol into pot after 16,000 hands is around 17.5%, so I don't think I play too many hands, but should I be messing with some of these out of position like this?

Also, should I be raising hands like ATs or KJs? I can't seem to work my brain around the logic either way, as they are drawing hands (want more players?), but also have good high card value. My problem is that I feel like I'll only be getting called by AQ, KQ, etc., hands that have me dominated, if I raise.

Thanks for any help,

Jesse