Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Results: Party 15/30 preflop question -- another AJo one

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Umm, no I don't. Though I'd love it if my opponents all folded for one bet on the flop getting over 8-1 when I am betting roughly 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do you play this hand with this flop with the pre-flop action the way it was? I am not confident in my decision process in these situations, which are not infrequent.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real answer isn't about just this hand. Its about all your hands. It's about a balanced approach to your game that leaves them always guessing. You check and call with top pair here sometimes so you can check and call with AJ. Sometimes you bet the flop. Sometimes you throw in the 4-bet preflop. Sometimes you quietly just call down with your AJ, something that can't be too awful since it seems getting 3-bet by QJs, A3s and other crap isn't that unusual. Sometimes you checkraise without a pair or draw. But one thing you most definitely do NOT do is check-fold every single flop you miss when you are headsup with a preflop 3-bettor. Once in a while, fine. But it better be against the right opponent if the game is really that aggressive. Believe me when the good players see that you do this, their range of 3-betting hands expands quickly and dramatically. And despite everyone talking about how wacky the Party 15 game is you better believe there are opponents observant enough that they see you folding like a cheap tent anytime they lean on you even a little.