Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2004, 11:39 PM

Default Probably been asked a million times: What to read?

Firstly, i know nothing. Yet i'm in another phase of wanting to learn something totally new to me and see how i take to it. So investments seems next on the list to devote a lot of time to.

I'm going to order, A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time-tested Strategy for Successful Investing, there's also A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Best Investment Advice for the New Century, which one? Also what else should i add to the cart? Any good websites for total beginners?

Investments:

I'll have a student loan ~£10k over 3 years, which i wont need but it seems a good idea to take it and invest that since the interest rate is at most 3% and the loan only becomes payable back after university. Also, i may be able to do the same with student overdrafts? The student loan investment would be handy as just a short term investment, as once the loan is due to be paid it would be nice to be able to fall back/have access to the investment then.

Also, excess income investments i'd like to add to each year and keep for long term just as a peace of mind investment.

So summary, general books i should read? Investments i should check out? Books on those investments?

Thanks to everyone in advanced.