Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2004, 03:04 AM

Default PLO 0.25/0.50 at Stars

Just wondering if anyone folds this on either the flop or the turn.

I'm in middle position. Main opponent is immediately to my right, with $52.70. I have him covered.

I'm dealt:

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

and limp, along with 5 others, to see a flop of:

6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Guy to my right bets $2.50, I raise another $8.10 and everyone else folds. Same guy reraises another $24.30. He has $17.30 left and the pot is around $50, including his reraise. With very little hope of improving, does anyone let this go?

Anyway, I call. The turn brings:

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],

he bets his last $17.30, and I call. How about folding here?

The river is:

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

and he shows

8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Using the specific cards held by both of us, TwoDimes gives me 40% equity on the flop, where I was faced with a call of $25 into a pot of $50; and 34% equity on the turn, where I was faced with a call of $17 into a pot of $90. So I guess that answers my question. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

So...any comments? Or is it pretty straightforward?

On the subject of whether I should have raised pre-flop...that's debatable, of course. But in this particular instance, it wouldn't have made any difference, as this particular opponent would have called that raise with the hand that he had anyway.

Thanks.