Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2004, 07:18 PM

Default Paradise is serious about stopping Bots!!

I went to log in to my Paradise account today and found it wasn't accepting my password.

I sent them an email to reset it and I got the following message:

Hello Scott,

A review of your account reveals that you appear to be using automated assistance in your play. As Paradise Poker is a place where real people play against other real people, your account has been closed and your funds submitted for processing to your Neteller account.

I sent them back an email explaining that I've never used any form of automated assistance (which is true), and asked for an explanation.

I'm actually VERY MUCH against the use of bots, and I think it is the single biggest threat to online poker's continuing success.

After a very few minutes past, I got this response from their security department:

Hello Scott,

I have double checked with our Technical Department and there was an unfortunate problem with our bot detection software causing your login to trigger an erroneous alert.

I am extremely sorry for this inconvenience. Your account has been reinstated now.

In spite of the minor inconvenience this has caused, this whole experience leaves me with a good feeling that at least Paradise Poker is taking the Bot issue seriously, and is taking real steps to prevent their use on their site.

I'm so happy to see Paradise has Bot detection software!

Looks like Paradise is going to be keeping my business for a long time to come.

-Scott