Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Hand to Talk About

Hi Mason,

First off, let me say how awesome it is that you created and actively participate in this forum. It is pretty amazing to be able to read your books and come online and discuss topics/hands directly with you. I also think this hand and the responses so far are interesting in that a few people have been willing to disagree with you. I think there is a bit of what I will call poster bias on these pages. (In this case maybe it would be Pooh bias) This is the idea that someone with a lot of posts and credibility around here can post a hand and get completely different responses than a newbie. I am sure that this has been discussed before but I just haven't seen it. I am also somewhat sure that when you explain your reasoning, the rest of us will nod our head and finally understand. (as usual) That being said, on to the hand.

Yuck! I agree with many previous posters that a bet on the flop is a must. It is like you are slowplaying a non made hand. Then, when the board pairs, you raise and I guess represent a big Pair, a made flush, or a 6. In this game, I am sure everyone knows you (even if you don't know them) and they have to know you will not check a big pair into a three [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board. I also think they will have a hard time giving you credit for a 6 or a flopped flush. Therefore, you are very likely behind on the turn and even though you have plenty of outs, a non A or [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river puts you in plenty of trouble. Do you fire out another one on the river, or check behind? I have a hard time believing your opponent called your turn raise with no pair.
I would like see a newbie post this hand in the micro forum. The flaming would be intense!