Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Alright i jumped up to the 50NL (thanks scrub)

With the advice of my buddy scrub, I didn't move to the 200 NL but I did go to the 50NL @ UB.

Cashed out after 3 hours with a $138.00 profit.
Had a few nice hands, I list a couple. I got lucky on one.

Had 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]in the SB, and called a min raise from LP and 5 saw the flop. ($5.00 in pot) At this point I have $75.00 and villian has $28.00 (he did a short buy)

Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet $4.00 into the pot, BB folds, UTG moves all in for his remaining $27.00, all fold to me. He cant have me beat so I call, he has A8o, no help and I take it down. (Standard play)

I finally tried the limp re-raise!
Bunky has Black Kings UTG with $105.00, and limps, all fold to CO who raises to $3.00, blinds fold, I re-raise to $10.00. CO calls.

Flop comes 9 high with 2 hearts (dont remember exact cards) I bet $20.00, he raises his last $4.50 all in, I call, he has AKo. No ace to come and I take it down.

I sucked out and loved it!
Bunky has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB and completes, after 4 limpers, BB checks.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Bunky bets $3.00, BB calls, MP calls ($48.00), rest fold.

Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Bunky bets $12.00, BB folds, MP calls again.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Bunky checks. (Now this guy has to have something to call the whole way right? Maybe he'll think his Ace is good and bet.) He bets $5.00 into the pot and I checkraise all in.

MP hems and haws and finally calls and tables 55 for the slowplayed set turned boat.

The play at these 50NL games is no different than the 25NL games. Thanks scrub!