Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2004, 07:31 AM

Default Are 2+2 NL Players weak-tight?

I am not sure if I am qualified to make this post, being that I have done little to comment in this forum, or any forum as of late, however, it is in my opinion that the majority of the players posting here are Weak-Tight.
There are a couple of main reasons why I believe this to be so.
1. There is a lack of bluffing on here. Tight Aggressive does not mean you cant run pure bluffs. You must learn to play the player, and not the cards. If you read your opponent for a pair of jacks, and your read is he'll fold for a pot-sized reraise, make it, it doesnt matter if you are holding 22.
I have over 100,000 hands at the Party NL tables, and I must say that of the players with the best hourly/rates, they are all seeing more than 20% of the pots, and are not so-called rocks.

2. There is way too much folding when being played back at. I will not fold AK on a king high or ace high flop at Party EVER, from now until I die. It is that simple, especially not to an unknown player. Half the players on party will pushin on top pair, a flush draw or any other semi decent hand, if you are betting half the pot and then folding when raised all-in you are never gonna get furthor than 5BB/Hr.

3. Way too much multi-tabling, which is probally what is preventing you from taking the next step. The lack of hand reading skills. Reading the board is crucial in No-Limit Holdem, and if you are jumping around 3 screens at a time how do you expect to improve?