Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2004, 12:25 AM

Default Pulling out of the cold streak

About 2 months ago I reported that I was running extremely bad. Those who replied ask me to give an update on whatever happened. People told me to take a little time off, I did. Al Capone suggest that I play anything other than NL sng’s such as limit stud hi low, I did that too. I ripped the stud hi low game on stars to recover half my loses but still my sng wins were few and far between. My brank roll was diving. I got in the mind set of saying when I lose to this amount I will drop down and such. An awful mind set to be in. I was desperate and thinking maybe poker wasn't for me after all. I started looking over my sng records and analyzing them with all my brain power. I found for the most part it was just bad beat after bad beat although there were a some huge leaks in my game. I was on the ropes and decided to change my style. I started playing extremely tight, and has hyper aggressive as I could get. I also stopped calling raises as much and went with the reraise/fold strategy. Since the changed I have really been on fire, and recovered all my loses from my drastic cold streak. Once again I'm thinking maybe I can play a little poker after all. I would like to thank those for the tips they gave me to help me pull out of my bad run.