Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Tunica 20/40...Trying to put a move on \"The Phantom\" Bob Morgan

So, I spent the entire WPO in Tunica and must say it was great...any of you looking for good action should go there in January. Before I go on...I got to meet and play with both Jim Brier and Bob Morgan while I was there...quite a bit actually, both times not knowing who they were until we started talking. One night the guy on my right has a friend come over to the table talking situations and I couldn't help but to jump right in the conversation and somewhat disagree with their thoughts. Needless to say when I asked this gentleman "So where you from" and he replies "Las Vegas, Jim Brier, and you" which is when my jaw dropped and I, somewhat embarassed, introduced myself. The next night this cowboy gambler at my table is just KILLING me at the 20/40 and then I see Jim stop over to talk to him. When a seat on his left opens I immediately take it because I can't stand being out of position on him. We get to talking and I find out it's Bob Morgan himself. I was in awe needless to say. So it was definately cool to meet these two along with their friend Lucian Anderson. I got to talk a lot of poker with all 3, Bob and I spent a whole session next to eachother 2 days later as well. He passed down a few pearls of wisdom which I will gladly remember. I hope Jim Brier hasn't already posted this hand because he did observe it and talked to both Bob Morgan and myself seperately after it occurred but I haven't been on 2+2 for some time. So on to the hand.

I have KhQh in Mp, Ep open limps, Bob on my right raises, I cold call, bb calls as does EP. 4 to the flop of ThTs2h. Checked to Bob and he bets, I just call and the other 2 drop. Turn comes a black rag, Bob bets, I raise. Now he gets hesitant, makes a comment about having aces in the hole and after some thinking calls. River comes another small black card with no flushes on board. He checks, I bluff and get called. Bob turns over AcKs. Anyone think I got too carried away with this hand? He had exactly what I put him on...I think against a poorer player I win this pot. Unfortunately Bob just has such a great feel for the game and nailed me to the wall here. Anyways this was my highlight hand of the trip...many of you here know Bob Morgan and I thought I would post this. I will post some other hands when I have more time. Should Jim Brier or Bob Morgan be lurking around and reading this I had a great time playing against you both...just not sure why I stayed in the games with either of you and Lucian (all three of you are too good!!!).

Bob S.