Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2004, 09:45 PM

Default AJo, KJo, KQo, and JQo, the 4 biggest money wasters at micro

I see more posts about these hands than any others on the forum. Just today there was a post about QTo that made no sense. So in regards to that, I feel I should add my 2 cents to the discussion.

These hands are hard to play b/c they are weak hands that look strong and when they hit the flop, they can leave you with some very tough decisions.

1) These hands play well against fewer opponents so they should only be play from late position after 1 limper max.

2) These hands should be raised pf if your going to play them b/c it not only gives you the illusion of strenth, but also gives you a chance to eliminate the blinds and get to the flop with fewer opponents.

Rule of thumb: If you don't feel comfortable raising a hand like this pf w/the position you have, you probobly shouldn't be playing it.

At the micro limits, it is even more important that you play these hands aggressive pf to limit the field b/c your opponets will sometimes play anything if you don't. When you hit the flop and get top pair good kicker against 3 or 4 oppoents, you have a much greater chance of getting outdrawn on the river than if it were HU.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings about these hands. Please feel free to comment away.