Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2004, 03:11 PM

Default I think I made a mistake but not sure....

UB $10 SnG

A couple of night ago I was playing in a SnG and had a rough start. Struggled to the 100 BB level but there were still 7 of us left!

Anyway I'm in SB with about T250 left (My BB must have been an awful hand) and look down and see AJs. I think OK let's give this one the "this is the hand" label.

Much to my dismay, there are 4 limpers ahead of me, all with pretty big stacks. I had made my decision to shove it in and really didn't give it a lot of thought when it was my action, but I kinda saw a huge payoff if it held up. 3 of the 4 called my measly raise, and of course it didn't hold up (I didn't hit the board and MP limperhad AQ anyway!).

Anyway, I wasn't really surprised to see it not hold up and it really didn't bother me. But Looking back, I'm wondering if I would have been better off saving my "this is the hand" move for later, when I had a chance to steal the blinds or at least have fewer players in the action.

I was thinking that this was probably going to be the best cards I was going to see out of the next 9 (I was basically going to blinded out next orbit).

My stack was going to be even less impressive next time I had to make the move and the thought of getting 3 or 4 x my stack seemed to impeed my decision to think about "this probably isn't the best time" consideration.

Was this a bad decision, or am I just beating myself up over a hand that really did have to be played?