Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2004, 03:07 PM

Default blind sided 3 times today

I know this topic has been brought up a few times already in the other sections of this forum,but im gonna bring it up again.

Usually Im prepared when i get the famous question
"well.what do you do for a living mr twisty?".But today i was blind sided 3 times (all before noon)and wasnt prepared for any of them.

FIRST TIME
I bought a house that im moving into at the end of the month and i needed insurance on it,so i call my insurance guy who i currently have car insurance with and he starts with questions relating to the house which i expected and then out of now where i get the famous question.i respond with "uh um why do want to know?"he answers "well we need to know what kind of risk you are"
So im thinking hes probably thinking im a drug dealer or something so i tell him "I play poker,but its not like most people think" and before i can say anymore he starts telling me that he cant put that down on the policy because it will raise red flags .I say i dont understand im not trying to get credit ,ill pay for it up front and he said it didnt matter becuse they need to know what kind of person you are.(i dont think he meant to insult me,but i was insulted)Anyways we proceded to put down some BS for occupation,i paid him and left thinking i have to come up with a good answer next time someone asks me.

SECOND TIME
20 minutes later, my wife and i go the bank to make a deposit and then realize my wife hasnt changed her name on our account since we got married(she took my last name),so as the teller is updating her info she says "oh mr twisty we dont have your occupation down ,can i have it please?"
Well so much for being better prepared, i respond"uh uh um um actually im in the middle of the some things at the moment"now im thinking to myself good answer you idiot...lol
The teller types in something,i assuming it was probably something like ---unemployed bum---.

THIRD TIME
After we leave the bank we are heading home and i stop at my local corner store to grab a coffee where i go almost everyday.As i walk in the clerk says "hello mr twisty,how are u today?The coffee is fresh just for you"I go there so much they put a fresh pot on everyday for me at 1pm.
The next question is "just getting off work?" now im thinking my god again? so i try to dodge what i know will be the next question
and i respond with a "no just out paying some bills"and then of course here it comes "where DO you work?
And then out of nowhere i respond
"I sell Amway"
and then to my utmost surprise,absolutley nothing,not another word is said about my job!
I leave to a "see u tommorow mr twisty"
and i leave grinning from ear to ear.
I have finally found an answer to the "what do u do"question.

Anybody else have similar experiences?

Twisty