Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2004, 11:13 AM

Default Internet Poker: Fast?

I keep searching for these alleged "fast" games on-line. I always seem to get onto tables where there are several players that take forever to act. I swear I could see more hands live than I do on-line and it really adds to the pain of those "can't do anything right" sessions when you sit there endlessly waiting for your turn.

I notice that it isn't entirely other players' performance; I often use the pre-turn action buttons and I notice a delay between when it's my turn and my action occurs. I even sometimes get "dealer warnings" between the time I see that it is my time to act and my action occurs even though I checked the "fold in turn" button several minutes prior to my turn.

I have a cable modem so MY connection should be better then average. The site usually claims my connection is at least "very good".

I played in three SnGs at TGC yesterday. All 3 of them took over an hour to play. I finally just turned maniac in the last one because I just couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't worth the $.30 per hour I was hoping to make.

Am I alone with this frustration? Is there a problem on my end that I can fix (do I need more than 256K RAM)? One of the things that I was looking forward to on-line was speed of play (some of the regulars in my "fun-time" home game are painfully slow) and I have to say that I've been very dissapointed with the performance I've been seeing on-line. At least live, there's other stuff to pay attention to when you're dealing with a slow player or two. Some sites are worse than others, but I've yet to find a site that is consistently performing at a level that I would expect.