Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2003, 07:23 PM

Default WLLH Pre-flop question

How does one deal with a preflop situation where a raise is made after you've made your decision according to the WLLH guidelines?

For example...

Page 41 says that I want to call preflop with KJs, but page 40 says "Call with TT and AJs" in the event of a "raise in front of you," which I mean assumes that everything lower than that gets folded.

But what if the raise happens after me?

i.e. I'm UTG, I call the blind, then the button raises. Do I FOLD because I was raised or do I CALL because it wasn't a "raise in front?"

Or consider page 44 that says I can raise ATo. So I'm in MP, I raise ATo, but the button re-raises. Do I fold because I was re-raised or do I call because the raise didn't happen "in front?"

I've had situations where the flop would have given me the nuts but I folded because of a raise that happened after my call, but I've also had situations where I called the raise anyway and got bodyslammed. Which is the correct play according to WLLH standards?

Thanks.