Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2003, 08:56 PM

Default Huh?

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, you make an ironic point.

If it had not been for many great American "conservatives," who live in the world as IT IS, rather than the way they'd LIKE IT TO BE, we might live in a country where you were NOT, indeed, welcome to leave.

Go figure.

To put it in pop culture terms: "You WANT me on that wall. You NEED me on that wall. And while my existence might seem grotesque to you, I save lives. So grab a weapon and man a post. Otherwise, I'd rather you just said thank you, and went on your way."

Or should we simply dismantle the military, turn a blind eye to the realities of the world and human nature, stick out heads in the sand, and just, uh, "pray?"

[/ QUOTE ]

This response is oh-so-typical of the arguments the Limbaugh-Hannity "conservative" crowd like to use. (I have been using quotes around "conservatives" to separate them from the more intellectual right of center types).

This post does not address anything I put in my post. It merely makes the same insinuations that the Limbaugh-Hannity talk show crowd make all the time: The greatness of this country is a result of military tough guys (like Col. Jessop from "A Few Good Men") who live in "the real world", who are too busy handling "real world problems" to listen to what the bleeding heart pansy liberals have to say. The post also insinuates that I would like to see the dismantling of the US military(??) My post was about open public discourse without telling those who disagree that "if you don't like it, leave".

What my post has to do with the dismantling of the US military and "A Few Good Men", I'm not exactly sure.