Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2003, 09:57 AM

Default To Push or Not to Push-Please Critique

I'm a novice player who doesn't have significant experience in multi-tournaments. I've thought for 2 days about this play in a $20 Multi and can't make up my mind, primarily b/c of the table chatter after the hand. From the chat from other players, it seems I'm was an idiot to 2 and brilliant to 3. Given some of the tournament plays I've seen, I've decided to ask a better sample. I'll post results later.

Approx 150 players, down to final 50, 25 paid out. I've got about $4500, which puts me with a middle stack. I'm UTG +1 when I find 99. Table has been moderately loose with several limpers each hand, but I've seen only one showdown in last 8 hands. Blinds at 200-400 and going up after this hand.

UTG, with a stack of about 6000 limps. My notes show he loves playing draws and plays from early position too much. I have played one hand in the last 2 orbits and raise to 1000, all fold back to him who pushes in.

I push in quickly and wait for the cards to turn up.

I know why I did what I did. I would very much appreciate hearing WHY you think what I did was right or wrong. Thanks in advance.