Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2003, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Playing online for a living week 33

I think a stop loss is a great idea that I always employ when I play. But since I play more live, the way I use it is to only bring a set amount of money, and then I can add $300 ATM withdrawal on top of it, which would give me one last small buy-in for 15/30. Sometimes I have made a comeback off that last bit, but sometimes I am tilting at least a little and blow that bit. At least that way there is NO WAY that I can lose more than what I bring + $300. I think it has saved me from some truly disastrous sessions.

Some people can play well when they are stuck a large amount in one session. I just believe that most people are not like this and that I am definitely not one of these people. It's good that you realize the psychological nuances of bankroll and session losses. Of course, I think you may be a bit skewed with your view of your hourly rate. You would be amazed to find what a pretty bad week and run of cards can do to even 6 months of playing.

I have no idea how you guys play that many hours online. I used to play 80-100hrs a month live play, but I burnt out on that after a year and a half. I try playing online and make decent money, but I can't seem to sit there for more than 1 hour. I don't know how you guys do it 40hrs/week.

Gotta say that I love the icon, GoT. SB and HSR are my freaking heros. My favorites are "The Interview" and "Lookin at a Thing in a Bag".

DN